Workforce Action Team
Action Team Co-Leads
- Alma Salazar, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Van Ton-Quinlivan, California Community Colleges, State Chancellor’s Office
Action Teams are chartered to address shared regional priorities critical to advancing the triple bottom line--growth in the economy, improvement in environmental quality, and increased opportunity for all.
- Growing shortage of skilled workers for major regional industry sectors
- Thousands of unemployed and underemployed people, including long-term unemployed
- Growing competition from other states and countries
- Fragmented and under-resourced approach to workforce development
- Prospect of comprehensive immigration reform will result in increased demand for workforce-development services
- Prepare people for in-demand and/or high-growth jobs in major industry sectors
- Prioritize workforce-training resources to support major regional industry sectors
- Create partnerships between local workforce-investment boards (WIBs), community colleges, economic-development organizations, businesses, and labor
For more information about the action team, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.